Tuesday, October 27, 2009

1 year ago

It's been 1 year since Jack, a dear friend of mine and my family's, passed away. It's amazing how fast time flies and yet at the same time feels like it doesn't move at all. Just these past 2 weeks, the church family buried 2 other dear friends. When I think of the many friends and kind loving people that I've had to say goodbye to in my lifetime, it can really get me down. BUT, I know that there will come a day when I will be able to see them again and I eagerly await that time.
Lord, use me here to be a witness to others of Your grace and forgiveness. Give me the patience and strength to get through the difficult and sad days when I think of others who have gone on before me. And please give me the wisdom and right words to say so that I may be able to lead others to You and Your saving grace. So that one day, we may all rejoice in Heaven together. Amen.

In honor and memory of Jack, I'm going to listen to Hawaiian music today.

"Because you'll never find, another, Hawaiian like me..." :)

No comments: