Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is it wrong to love this song as much as I do?

So I took a break out of my crazy day and was listening to my YouTube favorites. I stumbled on this little gem and when I really listened to the words, I thought it was hilarious!!!!
The song isn't really very nice at all and it's very sarcastic. But I've found I like her sarcastic humor. Am I a bad person for liking this song so much? What do you think of it? Have you ever met someone you wish you could sing this song to? (video from youtube and lyrics from erin mccarley's site are below)

Let me know what you think! :D

~b



Blue Suitcase

(Erin McCarley, Jamie Kenney)

VERSE 1

Oh, Wise One

If you knew the answer,

Why’d you ask the question?

Oh Wise One -

If you’re such a someone,

Why do you give nothing for anyone?

PRE-CHORUS

You’ve wiggled your way into me time and again

You love to speak your mind.

So it’s fair to say, "i'm not open today to have my heart twisted up!"

CHORUS

Your blue suitcase is empty, hey what’s your wait?

Your blue suitcase is empty, hey what’s your wait?

VERSE 2

Oh Wise Man

How do you get high man?

You must be self-absorbing.

Oh Wise Man -

Save me from your high man.

I can't afford another of your stuck up drug.

PRE-CHORUS

My confidence says, “I am worth it today”.

So try and change its mind.

Kiss your sweet girl away.

You've found your fate,

Now you will know what lonely pays.

CHORUS

Your blue suitcase is empty hey what’s your wait?

Your blue suitcase is empty heywhat’s your wait?

BRIDGE

na na na na na na na....

OUTRO

Tell me how does if feel to be so high above the clouds?

Oh tell me how does it feel to be so high above the clouds?

Well tell me how will it feel when no cares that you're not around?

No comments: