Sunday, January 11, 2009

Slipping away....

Oy. It's late and I'm really getting tired... :) Off to bed I go. I am leaving you with a beautiful song I actually first heard on my friend's myspace page. It's called "River Flows in You" by Yiruma. When I did a youtube search I also found it's a favorite song among Twilight fans. So enjoy. :) I think it's a good song to go to sleep to.



~b

I just updated this and changed the video to replace it with this version of "River Flows in You". Youtube user shadowblade9876 wrote a beautiful poem to go along with the video and I couldn't pass it up. Thank you shadowblade.

Poem by shadowblade9876

When the lights of the stars shine down
Looking up from the earth of a distant land
Far from home in a small, old town
I reach up through the night to hold your hand

The journey has begun; Ive left to start anew
An unfamiliar ceiling hangs below the bluest of skies
Sitting on a mountain, a river flowing through you
I told you then Ill be home soon

Across the ocean, a memory eternally ours
A gateway to heaven sleeps beneath the stars
The tranquil noise, through wonders we roam
Thoughts drift back to our hearts, our home

My friend, Ill find you again one day
Across the world well see the stars drift away
As I turn to walk alone, to you I must tell
This is not goodbye, but farewell

The sea remains, the rain refrains
The sun is breathing, the light is weaving
The wind is sighing, the leaves are dying
The night is falling, the stars are calling

Exuberant nights surrounded by song
Firelights and silent nights carried us along
After the rain we returned once more
Turning to close the final door

A new door stands, waiting for me
I let go of your hand, I find its key
Ill be home soon, wait and see
The last tear falls, now Im free

I catch the falling rain on my hand
I stare across the sea on warming sand
Remembering your words as I depart
This is just the beginning, this is just the start

I know youll worry, I know youll cry
Im always there to wipe tears from your eyes
Without you, I stand alone
With you here, Im never far from home

The dragon sleeps upon my chest
Guarding me from rain, it rests
It follows me on the path Ive drawn
From the darkest night to the brightest dawn

Standing along the dreamers road
My eye catches yours from years ago
We meet again, we see the stars
My hand in yours, we escape once more
To where the words lie sleeping on distant shores

No comments: