Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We interupt this blog to report on a very bittersweet day

Today when I got to work this morning I had 2 voice mails from my parents urging me to call them back. I knew it wasn't going to be good news. For the past year a dear family friend has had some very serious health problems. He and his wife are like grandparents to me since my grandparents live hundreds of miles away. Last week Jack's health really started to decline and last night he went home to be with his Father in Heaven.
His death isn't a shock to me per say, because of his declining health. But even though he was getting worse, I couldn't bear the thought that some time soon I would lose him.
Please keep his family in your prayers. We can rejoice in the thought that he is in Heaven and his COPD and emphysema are no longer bothering him. He is well again. This little town that we live in will not be the same without him. We all miss you, Jack.

Love,
b

Jack and his wife used to go to Hawaii in the winter time and absolutely loved it there. In their Hawaii travels they discovered Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' (most famous for his What a Wonderful World/Somewhere over the Rainbow song). The IZ songs below I dedicate to the memory of Jack.



Another Hawaiian Like Me by IZ (the pictures in the video are of IZ, not Jack)

You may go, I'll let you go, may god bless you
You'll be mine, wherever you may be
It's a warning, to say Aloha
'cause you'll never find another Hawaiian like me
Oh no you'll never find another Hawaiian like me

You may go, I'll let you go, may god bless you
You'll be mine, wherever you may be
It's a warning, to say Aloha
'cause you'll never find another Hawaiian like me
Oh no you'll never find another Kane'ka like me
Oh no you'll never find another people like us

No comments: