Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Song

Today is the first day of my Christmas Break! :) I'm completely loving the thought that I don't have to be at work today and that I have 2 weeks off. ;) So now I'm at home, warm, and watching the snow fall outside. It's relaxing and comforting. Suzy (the giant beast of a dog) even woke up from her hibernating to watch the snow fall outside.
I found another Winter Song I like. (Surprise, surprise.) While surfing the YouTube I stumbled on a song called Winter Song by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson. It is so beautiful and perfect to listen to on a blustery day like this. I can't embed it into this post or else I would. But please go to the YouTube address below and watch it.
I think this song is my anthem for December. For so long, even though Christmas was right around the corner, it seemed so distant. The tree wasn't up, I didn't want anything for Christmas, it just felt all wrong.
I LOVE Christmas and it's my favorite time of year. In fact I practically live for this holiday. But this year nothing really seemed right. Every time I listened to Christmas music or when I went shopping for gifts, I felt like I was trying to make myself get into the Christmas spirit. I completely felt like the girls do at the beginning of this music video.
Because we were both really busy with everything else going on around us, I felt like I was constantly running on a treadmill all by myself.
This weekend that all changed. How or why I'm not sure. Really I don't know. Sorry. But everything just fell into place and it all seemed right. I woke up in a good mood. I found that one heart flower and everything around it bloomed for me (you have to watch the video to understand). I don't know how I found it but I did.

It's feels like Christmas now. The tree is up. Almost all of our friends are in town and our family is coming this way soon.
Love is alive. :)

Watch Winter Song by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUO0gd7cr9o

Merry Christmas everyone.

Love,
Bethany

No comments: